🌱Choosing What's Best for Me🌱


 🌱Choosing What's Best for Me🌱

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10

💖Heartfelt Reflections:
There comes a point in life when you realize something important: you are allowed to do what's best for you, even if it upsets people. For so long, I struggled with feeling like I had to please everyone, and sometimes I still do. Whether it was friends, family, or even acquaintances. I didn't want anyone to be disappointed in me, and that constant need for approval left me feeling drained and lost in the opinions of others. It's exhausting, isn't it? The pressure to keep everyone happy, while inside, you're torn apart by the weight of what you really need. But then I came across this verse in Galatians 1:10. Paul, who faced so much criticism and persecution for standing firm in his faith, reminds us that our purpose isn't to please people but to honor God. And sometimes, that means making decisions that might not sit well with others. And that's okay. We are often conditioned to believe that we have to put others' feelings before our own well-being. Whether it's staying in unhealthy relationships, saying 'yes' when we want to say 'no,' or carrying the burden of other people's expectations, we lose sight of what God desires for us. God wants us to live in freedom, not chained to the fear of upsetting others. When we start doing what's best for us--choosing what is healthiest for our spirit, our mind, and our body--it might ruffle some feathers. People may not understand your choices, especially if they've benefited from you sacrificing your own needs for theirs. They might try to guilt-trip you or make you feel selfish for setting boundaries, but remember this: you are not responsible for how others feel about your personal growth. Choosing yourself doesn't mean you don't care about others. It simply means you understand that in order to truly love and care for others, you have to take care of yourself first. You can't pour from an empty cup. And God doesn't ask you to live a life where you're constantly depleted. He asks you to live with wisdom, and that includes making decisions that protect your peace, even when they're hard. So yes, it's okay to say 'no' when you need rest. It's okay to distance yourself from toxic people. It's okay to choose a path that others don't agree with because it's best for your mental and spiritual health. You are allowed to grow, to change, and to pursue the life God is calling you to--even if it means upsetting a few people along the way.

📖Guiding Thoughts:
- Are there areas in your life where you've been putting others' needs above your own well-being? How has that affected you?
- How can you begin setting healthy boundaries in a way that honors God and protects your peace, even if it upsets others?
- When faced with decisions that are best for you but may cause disappointment or misunderstanding, how can you turn to God for strength and assurance?

🙏Prayer:
Lord, I come before You, often torn between wanting to please others and needing to take care of myself. Help me to remember that my first priority is to please You, not people. Give me the courage to set healthy boundaries and make decisions that are best for me, even when it's hard or when others don't understand. Remind me that You love me and want me to live a life of peace and purpose, not filled with fear of upsetting others. Fill me with wisdom, and let me walk confidently in Your will for my life. Amen.

#ChooseWhatsBestForYou #healthyboundaries #faithoverfear #LivingForGod #peaceoverpeoplepleasing #mentalhealthmatters #Godsplanforme #walkinginfreedom #selfcareisbiblical #trustingodsplan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

✨Beyond Our Imagination: Embracing God's Power✨

🌱Thriving Through Trials🌿

🌞Radiate His Light🌞